Weight Loss Surgery in North Texas
We understand that obesity is a complex disease requiring a comprehensive, coordinated strategy to help patients achieve and maintain long-term weight loss success. At Surgical Care of North Texas, we’re fully committed to each and every patient’s weight loss and health goals. To ensure the best possible results, we provide patients with a proven, individualized plan and the follow-up support they need to succeed.
Watch Dr. Lauren Buck explain how patients can increase their likelihood of long-term success.
We offer the following weight loss surgeries and procedures:
- Laparoscopic vertical sleeve gastrectomy (gastric sleeve)
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y (gastric bypass)
- Revision surgery
- Gastric band (lap-band) adjustments
If you’ve tried conventional weight loss methods without success and are ready to take a positive step, one of our bariatric specialists can help you find the right solution for you.
Who Qualifies for Weight Loss Surgery?
Bariatric surgery candidates are evaluated on an individual basis, but in general, the qualifications for weight loss surgery include:
- BMI > 40
- BMI 35 to 39.9 with obesity-related health problems
- BMI 30 to 34.9 with diabetes
- Unsuccessful weight loss attempts with conventional methods (diet and/or exercise)
Complications of Obesity
Being overweight or obese is not just about a number on a scale. According to the CDC, excess weight is unhealthy and increases the risk for many serious diseases and health conditions, including:
- Back, knee and hip pain
- Coronary heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Type 2 diabetes
- Sleep apnea and other breathing problems
- Some cancers